Instructions for re-cementation of provisional crown or bridge
Tools: You will need a toothpick, the cement pack, paper towel, aluminum foil and a plate to mix the cement.
- Please use a toothpick and remove as much of the temporary cement as possible from inside the crown and on the tooth.
- Orient the crown back onto your tooth and mark the cheek side with a pencil mark to insure proper orientation.
- Dry your tooth with tissue or paper towel. Remain biting on the tissue while mixing the cement.
- Use a toothpick to mix the base and catalyst of the temporary cement together on the aluminum foil until a uniform consistency is achieved (usually 10 seconds).
- Apply a thin layer of the cement to the inside of the provisional crown.
- Remove the tissue and place the crown back onto the tooth and gently close for 1 minute.
- Clean any remaining cement from around the gum line with a toothpick.
- Floss both sides of the provisional crown being careful to pull the floss out thru the side.
Sensitivity is normal and will subside once the tooth is covered.
Call the office if you have any questions or if the bite “feels funny”.