Instructions for Fluoride Trays
- At bedtime, remove all oral appliances from the mouth. Brush teeth thoroughly with soft toothbrush and floss normally.
- Place a thin ribbon of fluoride into each upper and lower fluoride tray. The fluoride can be spread with your finger, q-tip or dry toothbrush.
- Seat the tray into the mouth and leave in place for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the trays and thoroughly spit out any residual fluoride.
Very important – do not rinse, eat or drink anything for 30 minutes!
If using trays for whitening, begin using your trays 7 days prior to your whitening appointment.
Care for Fluoride Trays
- Rinse and dry after each use.
- Clean trays by brushing with toothbrush and water.
- If trays become covered in hard deposits, soak them in vinegar overnight.