- Brush teeth thoroughly and floss regularly.
- Place a thin ribbon of whitening agent into each tray.
- Seat the trays into the mouth and wipe off any residual whitening agent at the gumline.
- (a) Remove the trays after 30 minutes if you are using Poladay. (b) Remove the trays after 1-2 hours if you are using Polanight (It is acceptable to leave your whitening trays in overnight if you are using Polanight as the whitening solution become ineffective after 2 hours).
- Try to use the trays every day for 2 weeks as this is the most effective way to whiten.
Sensitivity or Discomfort
If you are experiencing sensitivity you may skip a night and then resume the normal schedule.
Things to Avoid
While whitening, avoid dark staining substances, such as:
- Red wine
- Tobacco products
- Red sauces and condiments
After whitening treatment, it is natural for the teeth to regress in their shading. This is gradual but can be accelerated by exposing the teeth to darkening agents.
You can use your trays to freshen up your whitening 1-2 times a year.